Akua Beach Private Sessions
Akua Beach is included in your Whale’s Tale General Admission price; however, NOW you may rent this attraction for your own private sessions! Host a party, practice your skills, or challenge your friends and family.
Private sessions are available pre-season starting in May from 10am to 4pm, and during the Whale’s Tale operating season from 8:30am – 9:30am (before the park opens to the public). Once the Whale’s Tale closes for the season you can STILL book your private session on AKUA daily from 10am to 4pm.
ALL PRIVATE SESSIONS REQUIRE ADVANCED RESERVATIONS.
Call 603-745-8810 to reserve your time before they are all sold out.
|Private Sessions||Single Lane||Double Lane|
- These rates include up to 8 people in your group, for each additional person there will be a $25/person charge.
Akua Beach Rules
Riders have the choice to use the attraction with a boogie board or a surf board. For boogie boarding, the rider lies on a Bodyboard. When surfing, the rider stands on a Flowboard. Flowboarding (surfing) has significantly higher risk for falls and should only be done with experienced surfers or under instruction. Bodyboarding is significantly less risky and is the style recommended for most riders.
- Rider must be a minimum of 52” tall to surf or 42” tall to boogie board.
- Riders with the following conditions are prohibited – recent surgery or illness, neck or back trouble, heart conditions, high blood pressure, or pregnant women. If you suspect your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind, DO NOT RIDE.
- Riding under the influence of drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Riders must have an Akua wrist band indicating they have signed a Release of Liability (RoL). Everyone must sign a RoL prior to use. Anyone under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian sign the form. CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Release of Liability to sign before your visit.
- Loose articles of any kind are strictly prohibited, including jewelry and hats.
- Sunglasses are prohibited. Prescription glasses are strongly discouraged, if used, they must have a tight fitting retention strap. Swim goggles to protect contact lenses are also strongly discouraged.
- Appropriate swimwear is required and may not contain metal fasteners, zippers, buckles, rivets or other sharp materials that may damage the ride surface.
- Only one rider per lane is permitted at all times.
- Ride surface is slippery, no running is permitted.
- Next in line must wait for the rider to retrieve their board and exit the rider surface prior to entering the ride.
- Horseplay or inappropriate behavior is not tolerated.
- Listen to and obey the ride operator(s) at all times.
- Treat other riders with respect and support each other.
- In the event of a fall, riders must release the Flowboard or Bodyboard and should catch themselves to soften the fall. Do not attempt to fight the flow of water after a fall.