What You Need to Know:
Our mission is simple – Create Legendary Experiences. Although Whale’s Tale is packed with cool attractions, we feel the key to our success is our dedicated staff. Customer service oriented, happy, trained and empowered people, of all ages and backgrounds, thrive in our work environment. It’s where customers have fun and your contributions are valued. Join us for a fantastic work experience! Prior experience is a plus, but not required. We provide all necessary training and certifications. Career, leadership & paid internship opportunities are available. Apply Now! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Custodians, General Laborers, Pool Attendants, Water Testers, & Grounds Keepers.
Retail & Ticket Manager, Retail Clerk, Cashiers, Greeters & Ticket Scanners.
Lifeguards (training & certification provided), EMT’s & Slide Attendants.
Supervisors & Cashiers.
Cooks, Prep Cooks, Expeditors, Bartenders, Cashiers, Support Staff, Cabana Servers, and Food Runners.
The NH-Fun Family of Attractions, is made up of Alpine Adventures, The White Mountain Trading Co and Whale’s Tale Waterpark, all located within the state of New Hampshire. Alpine is known as New England’s largest zipline and outdoor adventure destination and focuses on providing unique year-round out door experiences in the forest and mountains. The Trading Company serves as the NH-Fun Company store featuring souvenirs of our parks, the local area and other unique and quirky gift items. The Whale’s Tale Waterpark is an industry leading full-service waterpark with distinctive rides and attractions. Our company is a staple in the white mountain tourism industry and continues to grow thanks to it’s diverse offerings.
The Administrative Manager is a new position designed to provide a dedicated resource for the administrative needs of the company. This position would assist our company Directors with tasks like
- Coordinating daily cash outs and subsequent bank deposits
- Organizing and delivering weekly payroll reports
- Inputting revenue reporting
- Organizing employee paperwork
- Goal Measurement and Communication
- Additional administrative tasks similar to above
This position could be filled under the following scenarios based on the availability of right candidate.
- Full Time, year round (benefits available)
- Full Time, Seasonal – Summer
- Part Time, year round
Pay Grade: 3B
Duties and responsibilities
The Administrative Manager will have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and a willingness to learn current systems. Other duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Exemplify our company core values
- Assisting with standard business operations as needed within what is capable
- Maintain a professional office and working environment
Qualifications and Skillset
- Effective Communication Skills
- Trustworthy with sensitive information.
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to coordinate with others and follow-through tasks to completion
- Ability to work independently to find solutions
- Strong organizational skills
This is mainly an indoor position in an office environment.
Day to Day Operations
Whale’s Tale offers flexible schedules, a fun work environment, competitive wages, and opportunities for advancement throughout the season. You will develop friendships that will last a lifetime making Whale’s Tale feel like a second home. The skills and experience gained during your employment at Whale’s Tale will provide a solid platform to build your career in any industry.
Not Just for Kids!
Are you a teacher, parent, retiree, or have summers off? Our job opportunities are not just for teenagers and college students. Whale’s Tale Waterpark has a need for adults too! If you’re interested in making new friends, working outside, earning some extra cash, all the while enjoying yourself in the heart of the White Mountains, then the Whales Tale is the place for you! Positions are available in all departments, don’t let the kids have all the fun, come join our team!
Located in the Heart of the White Mountains, working at Whale’s Tale sets you in a gorgeous environment every day. The people around you share common ideals and are a pleasure to work with. The Whale’s Tale knows a job is more than just a paycheck, so we offer the following.
- Access to Akua Beach to hone in on your skills. (Surf Machine)
- Free park admission on your days off.
- Guest Tickets for family and friends to Whale’s Tale and our sister company, Alpine Adventures.
- Employee discounts on merchandise and food.
- End of season incentive programs.
- Staff only special events.
- Opportunities for advancement and leadership.
- Performance awards.
- Best tan of your life…
- White Mountain Attractions Passbook (Discounts to all members of White Mountain Attractions)
All NEW and RETURNING TEAM MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED to provide necessary proof of eligibility and legal authorization to work in the United States as provided under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Please bring proper identification with you to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form. If you are under the age of 18, you will also be required to provide a Parental Permission Form, and, if you’re under 16, we will require you to provide Working Papers(NH Youth Certificate) from your school. We require a picture ID if you are presenting a List B Document (e.g., Driver’s License, State ID Card, School ID Card, etc.).
We require a valid and active email address to apply for any position. We use email for employee paperwork, scheduling, time off requests, and various announcements. You can create a free email here.
All employee paperwork MUST be completed before employment can begin. You WILL NOT be allowed to begin work until all paperwork is completed correctly. In addition to having all paperwork complete, your commitment calendar must also be completed prior to starting.