Frequently Asked Questions & Rules
There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.
According to the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
To learn more about what we’re doing click here.
Take interstate 93 to New Hampshire exit 33. Take NH Route 3 North for a ¼ of a mile and we are on the left. As always, parking is FREE!
Whale’s Tale Water Park
PO Box 67 / 481 Daniel Webster Highway (US Rt. 3)
Lincoln, NH 03251
The Whale’s Tale has two primary food service areas: Harborside and Porthole Pizza. Harborside features burgers, fries, salads, sandwiches and more. Porthole Pizza features pizza and fried dough. In addition, we serve Dippin’ Dots ice cream and, weather permitting, we offer bar service at the Oasis Beach bar.
Whale’s Tale Waterpark is very excited about our new surf simulator – AKUA BEACH. Akua is our first attraction where riders become more skillful with experience. All riders must have a signed Release of Liability (RoL) before use. Minors must have an RoL signed by a parent or legal guardian A RoL must be signed because this is a skill based ride, as skill increases the rider can assume greater risk.
Yes, guests are welcome to bring a cooler. However, no glass or alcohol are permitted. Coolers are inspected at the front gate to check for glass or alcohol. All beverages must be in factory sealed containers.
We are a family park, so we ask that all guest wear appropriate swimwear. Also, for the safety of all guests we require shorts/pants have no rivets or belt buckles.
Shoes are allowed in the pools, but for your safety, they are not allowed on any attractions. We do not recommend eyewear on any attraction, if you elect to wear something on your eyes it is at your own risk.
Yes, we have restrooms with changing facilities and showers.
Pets are not allowed in the park or in cars parked in the parking lot. Please be kind to your pets and either leave them home or call one of our local kennels for the day.
One Dog Day 603-348-7999 or Wash and Wags 745-3772
**Currently with the Covid-19 Pandemic the first line of response is proper water safety measures which include: watching children (if they are in the water so are you), take breaks often to not become fatigued, staying hydrated, not running through the park, and following all normal safety procedures with enhanced caution. Rescues will be made by our trained staff if necessary, however we’re hoping that families and friends will look out for one another during this time period.**
The Whale’s Tale Waterpark lifeguard staff undergoes rigorous preseason and in-service training to maintain the highest possible standard in swimmer protection. Our guards are American Red Cross certified and we have designed a training program specifically for our waterpark environment.
No, we do not rent towels. You are welcome to bring towels with you, or you can purchase towels at Breakers Surf Shop.
We offer locker rentals on a first-come, first-serve basis. For a $9 fee and a $6 key deposit, you can access your locker throughout the day. When you return your key you get $6 back.
One Dog Day 603-348-7999 or Wash and Wags 745-3772
NH-FUN Gift Cards are accepted at the Whale’s Tale Waterpark, and Alpine Adventures. They may be used to purchase tickets or passes, book zipline tours, purchase merchandise, or food and beverage. They may not be used to place orders online. Check your balance at www.first-advantage.net
We are a participatory park and don’t have spectator areas, so everyone must pay our admission rate. Whales Tale is located on 17 beautiful acres, so there are plenty of places to relax, read a book or take nap. Infants are free. Adults 70 and over are only $9!
Yes, we offer discounts for groups of 15 or more. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance to guarantee a discount.
We operate rain or shine and some of our best deals are available when the weather is inclement. For the safety of our guests, the park will close for thunder and lightening and reopen when it is safe to enter the water again. The Whale’s Tale does not give Refunds; however, if the park is forced to close due to weather we will issue our Weather Guarantee for the time that is lost.
All our rides are engineered and built by various third party manufacturers. In the design process, ride restrictions are identified to keep everyone safe. Safety is everyones responsibility and ask that riders follow these limits.
- Akua Beach Surfing – minimum 52″ tall
- Akua Beach Boogie Boarding – minimum 42″ tall
- Banzai Pipeline – minimum tube load 100lbs / 45kgs and the maximum tube load is 400 lbs / 181 kgs.
- Plunge Speed Slide – 250 lbs / 113 kgs.
- Downpour Flume Slide – 250 lbs / 113 kgs.
- Harpoon Express 3 person tube maximum combined load 600 lbs / 272 kgs.
- Harpoon Express 2 person tube maximum combined load 400 lbs / 181 kgs.
- Beluga Boggin – 150 lbs / 68 kgs
- Eye of the Storm – 300 lbs / 136 kg
- Poseidon’s Voyage – 300 lbs / 136 kgs
- Shipwreck Island – Red, Blue & Yellow slides – 250 lbs / 113 kgs
- Shipwreck Island – Purple slides – 150 lbs / 68 kgs
For safety reasons established by the slide manufacturers, riders must be a minimum of 48” or 122cm or taller to ride the following rides:
- Plunge Speed Slide
- Eye of the Storm
- Banzai Pipeline
- Poseidon’s Voyage
We recommend Coast Guard Approved Type II life jackets (Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs)) for weak or non-swimmers, we also encourage you to bring your own. They are available free of charge in the Breakers Surf Shop.
Jonahs Escape and Willies Wild Waves have no height or weight restriction.
Rules & Safety
The Whale’s Tale Waterpark, located in the beautiful White Mountains of NH, supports a Family Friendly Environment. Listed below are our Park Rules and Policies to ensure you and your family have a memorable visit to our park.
Upon entering our park all coolers, handbags, and backpacks will be visually searched before you can enter the park.
The following are prohibited in our family friendly park:
- Glass of any kind
- Alcohol and illegal drugs
- Inappropriate Swimwear
- Unmanned Arial Vehicles (Drones)
- Firearms, Ammunition, Knives
- Clothing or Tattoos with offensive language or graphics
- Rivets, belts or metal ornamentation on clothing
- Personal rafts or floats
Failure to comply with any of these park rules and policies will result in ejection from the Whale’s Tale Waterpark without a refund.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Everyone must follow the rules posted at each ride and attraction along with any verbal instructions provided.
- We recommend weak or non-swimmers use Coast Card type II/III personal flotation devices (PFD). PFD’s these are available at the Breakers Surf Shop.
Rules for Whale’s Tale Waterpark
- All waterpark guests must have an admission ticket.
- Obey all posted height and weight restrictions for rides and attractions.
- Use slides and attractions only if you have sufficient knowledge and the physical ability to use the ride safely. Ask attendant for assistance.
- Ride slides only if you are NOT: pregnant, have had neck injuries, arthritis, seizures, motion sickness, dizziness, heart conditions, claustrophobia, or any other serious medical conditions.
- Use slides and attractions if you are NOT under the influence of alcohol or drugs of any kind.
- Use pools if you have not had diarrhea in the past 24hrs with flu like symptoms.
- Take a cleansing shower before entering pools.
- Enter and exit all rides and attractions at the designated areas.
- Use swim diapers for toddlers and infants who are not toilet trained.
- Keep all food and drink away from pools and spas.
- Use eyeglass retainers in the water.
- Consume alcohol only in the designated areas.
- Smoke cigarettes or e-cigarettes only in the designated area.
- Profanity, abusive language, symbols, or gestures are prohibited.
- Disruptive, threatening or lewd behavior to any guest or WTWP staff member is prohibited.
- Taking photos of anyone other than your family members or friends is prohibited.
- Tailgating in Whale’s Tale parking lots is prohibited.
- Pets in vehicles in the Whale’s Tale parking lots are prohibited (per NH State Law)
- Pets, other than service animals, are prohibited in the park.
- No running or skateboarding.